Ohio’s 15,000 school bus drivers navigate an array of roadway challenges each day while keeping students safe on the way to and from their learning destinations.
On Saturday May 7th, 2022, school bus drivers assembled at the annual State School Bus ROAD-E-O for a day of competition and professional development.
There’s a lot that happens behind the wheel during school bus routes and the ROAD-E-O presents a series of challenges for drivers to traverse and showcase an array of skills and knowledge.
Congratulations to the top six finishers at this year’s event!
- 1st place: Kevin Ball, Olentangy Schools
- 2nd place: Andrea Phillips, Akron Public Schools
- 3rd place: Matt Hull, Lakota Schools
- 4th place: Chuck Santa Maria, Orange City School District
- 5th place: JoAnn Cousino, Archbold Area Schools
- 6th place: Debbi Burnes, Orange City School District
Pictured (from left to road): State chairperson Mike Puhalla, West region, Urbana City Schools transportation director; Kevin Ball, Central region, Olentangy Schools; Andrea Phillips, Northeast region, Akron Public Schools; Matt Hull, Southwest region, Lakota Schools; Chuck Santa Maria, North region, Orange City School District; JoAnn Cousino, Northwest region, Archbold Area Schools; Debbie Burnes, North region, Orange City School District.
Last updated: May 12, 2022 at 17:19 pm