OAPT believes school bus service is directly tied to student success. Numerous ancillary academic articles have identified the impact of school bus service upon attendance, and the impact of attendance upon student achievement is well-documented.
Example: In May 2012, Union County, TN ceased school bus service as a result of budget constraints. The district realized an immediate spike in absenteeism — from 5.5% up to 18%.
OAPT is committed to helping districts avoid an increase in absenteeism, to reduce traffic congestion, and to promote the safety of each district’s student population.
The school bus is well-documented by the Federal Government to be the safest place for school children, and through OAPT’s commitment to providing resources for entities that may be considering the reduction of school bus service, we believe we can help districts to avoid a decision that has many unintended consequences.
Please review the links below, and if you are still in need assistance with an impending reduction of service, please send a message to email@example.com
State of Ohio
- The White House
- US Dept of Education
- US House of Representatives (Link to Ohio Representatives)
- US Congress (Link to Ohio Senators)
- Library of Congress
- THOMAS (Search Federal legislation by key word, bill number, or cosponsor for legislation going back to the 101st Congress in 1989)
- US Supreme Court
Federal Transportation Agencies
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA School Bus Page)
- US Dept of Transportation (US DOT)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
American School Bus Council
The American School Bus Council is an industry coalition of the school transportation community committed to providing safe, effective, efficient, and healthy transportation for the more than 25 million school children who ride more than 480,000 school buses each day.
ASBC has provided a resource page with information on supporting the bus within your community. Information can be found by clicking here.
Please take time to view the following videos brought to you by the ASBC:
Latest Updates from OAPT
- OAPT62 – Vendor Information
- JOB POSTINGS – Akron Public Schools – Transportation Manager
- JOB POSTING: Stow-Munroe Falls Schools – Transportation Supervisor
- JOB POSTING | Westerville Transportation – Secretary 1
- Save the Date! #OAPT62 | June 11-14, 2023
- National School Bus Safety Week 2022
- JOB POSTINGS – Reynoldsburg City Schools – Director & Supervisor
- JOB POSTING | Columbus City Schools | Fleet Service Mechanic I
Last updated: February 20, 2022 at 14:59 pm